New faces, new party for DA and Sheriffs: Cape and Islands Election 2022
CAI's reporters fanned out across the region to cover an election marked by high turnout and a resurgent Democratic party, which claimed the offices of Cape and Islands District Attorney, Barnstable County Sheriff, and Bristol County Sheriff. We've got results from key local and statewide races here. We've also got photos and as-it-happened coverage from an historic evening.
Winners as of Wednesday morning:
- Rob Galibois (D) – Cape and Islands District Attorney
- Bill Keating (D) – 9th Congressional District
- Su Moran (D) – Plymouth and Barnstable State Senate seat
- Julian Cyr (D) – Cape and Islands State Senate seat
- Chris Flanagan (D) – 1st Barnstable District
- Kip Diggs (D) – 2nd Barnstable district
- David Veira (R) – 3rd Barnstable District
- Ron Bergstrom (D) – Barnstable County Commissioner
- Paul Heroux (D) – Bristol County Sheriff
- Donna Buckley (D) – Barnstable County Sheriff
Results are coming in
Donna Buckley declares victory in the race for Barnstable County Sheriff.
Chris Flanagan declares victory in the race for State Representative in the First Barnstable District.
Robert Galibois declares victory in the race for Cape and Islands District Attorney.
Kip Diggs has declared victory for state representative in the 2nd Barnstable district.
Susan Moran is the declared winner for the Plymouth and Barnstable State Senate Seat.
The Associated Press has called the Massachusetts governor’s race for Maura Healey.