WCAI Wins 2017 Gabriel Award
WCAI has won a 2017 Gabriel Award for its series, “Our Mortal Lives: Confronting Death and Dying.” This five-part series explores how residents on Cape Cod, the South Coast, and Islands cope with end-of-life issues: how is death handled here, how is it changing, and what are our choices?
The Gabriel Awards are presented by the Catholic Broadcasters Association, to “recognize outstanding artistic achievement in a television or radio program or series which entertains and enriches with a true vision of humanity and a true vision of life.”
The stories reported in the series are:
· Living with Dying: Local Man Comes to Terms with His Incurable Illness, reported by Kathryn Eident.
· Addressing the Stigma: Local Efforts Help Cape Codders Talk About Aging and Dying, reported by Kathryn Eident.
· No Time for Goodbyes: Drug Overdose Deaths Carry Stigma, reported by Sean Corcoran.
· Hospice: A Service That's Often Misunderstood and Under-used at End of Life, Kathryn Eident.
· A Funeral Home Might Make Nantucket Feel More Like Home, reported by Elsa Partan.
See a full list of WCAI's reporting awards here.